Sunday, June 16, 2013

garage sale treasures

I've really been hitting the jackpot with a lot of garage sales this year. I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite recent finds. Looking forward to more!

Shortly after Chris and I got married, I came across a big problem: we owned practically zero games. I had a few card games, but all the major staple games that we both had grown up with still belonged to our families. :P I felt funny putting games on our wedding registry, and thus resolved to slowly purchase them as we could afford it. WHY I didn't think of garage sales, I have no idea. 

Vintage 1947 card game Pit: $1
Vintage Othello, Sorry!, and Connect Four: $2
Brand new, sealed Monopoly: $3

Of course I got books. :P

The top four are just sweet children's books, (and of COURSE Where's Waldo is necessary for every household): $2
The bottom four are cardboard books which I've started collecting: $2
Brand new Webster's French Dictionary: $.50
Portuguese Phrases for Dummies (because Chris and I plan to go to Brazil next year): $1
Amazing Grace DVD: $1

Crocs are just one of those fad things I make derogatory jokes about but secretly wish to try, and not-so-secretly don't want to spend money on. These were slightly used, size 10, and $2. YES.  

I love these two brands! Their stuff gets pricey but it's worth it. I went to a garage sale where a lady was totally unloading stuff like this. Most of it was brand new. I got all this stuff for $4.

This is a Royal Tara fine bone china teacup made in Ireland. Similar stuff to this is going on eBay for around $23. I got it for $1.

It's been in my dreams to own at least one set of the Peacock color Fiestaware. Lo and behold this was at a friend's garage sale on Friday!!! Brand new. The Macy's sticker on the side of the box said $48. Thank you, Lord, for giving me this random blessing! :)

So far, I've liked every Kate Spade thing I've seen, but up to this point, the only Kate Spade thing I've owned is a beautiful vase my grandmother gave us as a wedding present. (Her stuff is way expensive.) Needless to say, I was super excited to find this fun authentic purse for only $2!

This was the real steal. A family was moving and had thrown everything (or what looked like it) into their front yard. Almost entirely unorganized, except for a table covered in scrapbooking/cardmaking stuff. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I LOVE making cards. It's something I really want to get back into. I have a small stash of supplies I've collected, but not much. The lady gave me this beautiful, lockable case full of brand-new card-making material for $10. Probably hundreds of dollars' worth of stuff. 

Can you tell I'm in the mood?? I'm really so thankful God let me find this stuff. I love good deals, and I love the fun of garage-saling with friends and family. Who wants to go with me this Friday?? ;)


*** I have a fever and my head feels like a balloon, which is why I'm here posting about garage sales instead of sitting in church where I belong. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment