Thursday, August 6, 2015

recipes worth sharing

So I have a secret. Or rather, I had a secret. Because a couple weeks ago I finally got brave enough to voice it through the din of a hundred kids eating lunch and people trying to run a garage sale. 

"I wanna be a food photographer." 

And out of all the people in the kitchen at that moment, one person responded. She is younger than me. She is an aspiring photographer. She said, "It's too hard." 

And with that, the tiny puff of wind in my one sail quietly flitted away. So. I guess it's too much to hope for to not only make a recipe, have it turn out, and then take breathtakingly gorgeous pictures of the results. I must content myself with sharing links and OTHER people's beautiful pictures. And you know what, after seeing this picture,
I think my laziness would prevent me from ever getting that artsy.

So without any further adieu, I present RECIPES I HAVE MADE THAT HAVE TURNED OUT AND I WILL MAKE AGAIN, IF I HAVEN'T ALREADY. 

If you're like me, you shuddered when you saw "Kraft" at the top of the page. But it's only a recipe. I made it with organic chicken, tomatoes, garlic, mozzarella, and broccoli. You can always do whatever you want. ;) This yummy dinner was very easy and tasted like a dish from Olive Garden. That's always the goal. 

The old favorite, but in the Crockpot, so you barely have to do anything. Woohoo! 

I recently got two pounds of blueberries from a friend running a co-op, and I had the usual blueberry panic. What on earth am I to do with them? I rarely bake and I couldn't eat them fast enough just by themselves. So as usual, Pinterest saved the day and I tried the first random recipe I came across. This coffee cake is super good. I'm blogging right now to distract myself from eating it all gone.

This recipe. Oh my goodness, it's good. It has actually nearly replaced my childhood favorite meatloaf recipe I got from my mom. (Who got it from Taste of Home, but yeah.) I love the addition of potatoes and carrots, because your whole meal is basically taken care of in one pot. This is a very big fave.

{enter sarcastic closing remarks here}

No comments:

Post a Comment