Friday, November 4, 2016

30 Days of Gratitude / Days 2, 3, & 4

I'm so good at blogging every day! Haha. Hahahahaha. 
Okay, so.

What technology am I grateful for?
Nearly all, if I were to be honest, but the gadget I'm the most grateful for would be my phone. Each day on my phone I am able to set an alarm, read a recipe, take a picture (or video or recording), watch someone speaking live from across the globe, send a birthday card, watch my show, call anyone anywhere, navigate to a destination, and so much more! It blows my mind. 

That being said, I think I'd love to "accidentally" lose it for about a month and notice the positive change that would come like a quiet sunrise over my life. I'm on my phone way too much, and though I love staying connected to people and capturing daily moments with my son and making my voice heard on topics I think are important, it is not worth the lack of sleep, the mental agitation, and actually the physical toll it takes. Someone send me on a missions trip somewhere remote, please. I won't like it but I'll like it, if that makes any sense at all.

What color am I grateful for?
I once read some secular, scientific article on the calming effects of the color green. Because the article was written by a non-Christian, it naturally left out how amazingly brilliant and merciful it was of our Creator to choose to make the vegetation we see everywhere, all the time, a beautiful vibrant green. Grass, trees, leaves, etc. Silently telling us to stop and breathe. 

Ironically, other than plants, I really can't stand the color. lol (St. Patrick's Day excepted, of course.) So next color in line I'd have to say would be blue, because THE SEA.

What food am I grateful for?
How long can I type here before you close the page and go scroll through Facebook? :P jk Oh let's see. I suppose I'm thankful for the food that's good for me. I love all kinds of fruit, and I love when summer is in its peak and all the fruit goes on sale, and my cart is full of sweet-smelling things of all colors. I go home and slice and chop and peel and eventually I look over at a bowl with a rainbow in it! What gorgeous colors God made, and it's all food He created and it's good for me, too! Yum yum. 

Perhaps I will remember to blog Day 5 tomorrow. This is, after all, supposed to be a daily gratitude reminder/workout. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment