Thursday, August 17, 2017

Vienna Prelude (Brock and Bodie Thoene) - Book Review

Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant, #1)Vienna Prelude by Bodie Thoene
My rating: 2 of 5 stars



So I don't know if this was simply the right book at the wrong time or what, but I found myself groaning every evening when it was reading hour because I just could not get into this. It didn't move quickly, and the history was very over my head. History is not my fave so the long, dry paragraphs of details didn't do anything for me.

Also, the only character I cared for in the entire book was Rudy. The others are just way too selfish, fickle, and cliche. Also, the Christianity that was barely there felt forced, so I didn't really connect with it on that end, either.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. A very dear friend (and fellow book lover) insisted I would love this series. But I felt the same way you did. None of the main characters were likable.

    ReplyDelete