Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chili in July



Okay so maybe chili isn't the usual thing people make in the dead of summer. Do I care? No. I needed something with a good bit of iron in it since I'm still avoiding the prenatals containing iron. Found this recipe on Pinterest, and it appealed to me because 1) it's made in the Crockpot (no hot kitchen!) 2) the ingredients list was easy and affordable, and 3) it wasn't overly spicy. 

This is cooking right now for dinner. It cooks for 8 hours, which for me is a perfect amount, since it doesn't require me putting it together around lunchtime or during teaching hours. It's a new fave of Chris's and mine, so I thought I'd share it. 

P.S. - Anybody know what happens when you substitute tomato paste for tomato sauce? I don't know how I missed that while making my shopping list. :{ At least it's a Crockpot recipe. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment