Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day!

Judge me if you must, but I am a huge fan of St. Patrick's Day. I am one quarter Irish, and except for my ONE green t-shirt and the red streak in my hair, you probably wouldn't be able to tell. My family has always celebrated by eating corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, rye bread, and usually drinking Green River. We also always wear our green shirts. Today was no different. :)

I lamented the fact that I had no green church clothes, not even jewelry, so I had to go to church in an almost-entirely greenless outfit. But as soon as I got home, on went my green "Lucky Dog" Snoopy shirt. We had the traditional lunch with my family. Dessert was homemade Portillo's chocolate cake, with shamrocks iced on by my artsy Christopher husband. 

Then we were off to the St. Patrick's Day parade in downtown Plainfield. It was COLD, but it was a pretty cool parade. Longest one I've been to, for sure. There were three bagpipe choirs! LOVED it! :) I also got the green beads I wanted. 

The end. :)

2 comments:

  1. I had fun at the parade! And, who doesn't LOVE corned beef??? Even if I'm the ONLY one in the family with NO Irish blood :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't love corned beef, Laura Donelson, and I'm 35% Irish! (Handley)You must have gotten my share! :)Well, the walls in my front room are green(okay, army drab, but THAT'S a green), so I celebrate being Irish year 'round. :P

    ReplyDelete