Sunday, June 16, 2013

my dad


I absolutely adore my dad. Dad was my first hero. Then Chris came along and I knew my life was complete because the two best men in the world were my closest family. :) Dad has poured himself out for his family, friends, and church family. He loves not only the lovable but also the unlovable. He is 100% a servant. It doesn't matter if his body aches and he only got 4 hours of sleep last night, he will get up and help you move across town or shovel your driveway or pray with you at the hospital. Dad loves to get a good deal, and he has tried to teach us kids to be good stewards of money, but don't refuse to be crazy once in a blue moon. ;) Dad is one of the most generous people I know. He gives and doesn't expect return. "It's all God's" is his attitude. He loves Scripture, preaching, studying God's Word, ministering. It's his favorite. Dad is very faithful. He taught us to always go to church - there's never a question of whether or not we'll go this Sunday. He showed us right priorities. He has loved Mom, and that is one of the most important things a dad can do for his kids. He has always been someone I can go to to just talk things through without drama. He quietly, compassionately listens and then gives godly, wise advice. I love laughing with Dad. :) Oh my word, the times we have choked and wheezed over something only the two of us found funny! I also love the drives we've had where we're both discussing a hot topic of interest to both of us, and our voices get louder and louder as we talk at the same time, fully agreeing, until we stop, too tired to go on. :P Dad has taken us on some pretty awesome trips that turned into some of the best memories. Dad communicates - he can hardly help it! - but it sure helps things go smoothly. Dad, I love you SO much. Thank you for being a good example of our heavenly Father by being the best earthly father anyone could have! :) 








1 comment:

  1. Yay, Mr. D! I still remember you dressing up like Patch the Pirate years ago ;) Good times!

    ReplyDelete